The new book and trail The Ireland Way is available direct form the author Caroline Allen and will take you into another world of history, myths and legends as the route passes through remote Ireland with its intriguing stories, colourful landscape and friendly culture.
The comprehensive guide book provides not only the route and accommodation, but also very useful route alternatives if you are travelling by bicycle.
During the podcast you will also find a mention of the young couple Carl and Ellie who make up Tough Soles and their personal challenge of walking 4000km of the trials in Ireland. Have a look at their Facebook page and YouTube channel, for more information on the type of gear which is advisable when walking in Ireland. Find Carl and Ellie on Facebook – Instagram – Twitter
The Ireland Way is a walking and cycling trail over 900km / 560 miles
• It covers 14 counties from Cork to the Giant’s Causeway
• It takes roughly 40 days to walk
• Along the twenty stages you will explore seven mountain ranges, woodland, farmland, bogland, coasts, rivers, lakes, Irish culture and warm hospitality
• Trail due to be fully complete summer 2018
• GPS mapping and terrain graphs are now available for some stages of the trail. More coming soon!